Coldest Star Found—No Hotter Than Fresh Coffee
According to a new study, a star discovered 75 light-years away is no warmer than a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Dubbed CFBDSIR 1458 10b, the star is what’s called a brown dwarf. These oddball objects are often called failed stars, because they have starlike heat and chemical properties but don’t have enough mass for the crush of gravity to ignite nuclear fusion at their cores.
With surface temperatures hovering around 206 degrees F (97 degrees C), the newfound star is the coldest brown dwarf seen to date.
This one is not as long as the other ones but I loved them so much I needed to share! Enjoy! Also, you can find my other recs here!
I’ll Be Seeing You - Explicit - thepsychicclamIn the summer of 1941, with the country on the brink of war, diner waiter Stiles meets Derek Hale, an army soldier just passing through Beacon Hills.
* I NEVER ADD NOTES TO FICS, BUT THIS ONE MADE ME CRY AT 1 AM AND IT IS SO WELL DONE JUST READ IT PLEASE.
LUST (Love & Unresolved Sexual Tension) - Mature - theroguesgambit
“Derek… Incubus, remember? This isn’t… we aren’t…”
Derek cuts off his words with his mouth (it’s fucking effective, why hasn’t be been doing this since the day they’d met?) and breaks away again long enough to growl “I’ll send it a fruit basket later.”
The pack has to deal with an incubus. This was going to be a PWP but I’m a giant mushball so ended up being about feelings.
ain’t no trouble with a double - Explicit - bleep0bleep
Stiles accidentally magics himself a double and knows exactly what he wants to do with it.
Derek is more than a little overwhelmed.
"Did you say—" Stiles starts.
"What?" Derek growls.
"We’re not a couple!" they both retort in unison.
"We’re not together," Stiles insists.
Lydia coughs pointedly. “An incident report filed by 87th Precinct Captain Erica Reyes. March twenty-fifth, eight p.m. Came back to the precinct to grab my coat, only to hear Stilinski banging his new boyfriend in the holding cell.”
The Sweetest of Words (Have the Bitterest Taste) - Explicit - Omni
“Ah, yeah, Desiree, I told you I was meeting someone. Well, that someone is Derek. My boyfriend. We’re totally in love.” His heart was racing and Derek was holding him so tight it was difficult to turn enough to face the young woman. What he did see of her had his breath catching on fishhooks in his throat. She was normally a relatively pretty girl, with cute round cheeks and large dark eyes, but in that moment she looked…terrifying. Her cheeks seemed gaunt, her eyes glowing like they were little windows peeking into a deep pit of raging flame.
(Or: Five or so years after the show. Stiles is in college, and finds himself getting stalked by a succubus. Derek’s determined that the best way to thwart her is to prove that he and Stiles are madly in love. It’s not really as much of an act as either seems to think.)
Our Memories Are Numbered - Explicit - rufflefeather
Stiles’ Jeep grinds to a halt, he sees someone running through the rain, he’s not expecting it to be Derek. He’s not expecting a Derek without any memories either, or an Alpha pack that’s coming for all of them. He probably should’ve, because lately nothing goes the way he expects.
Unchained Melody - Explicit - uraneia
Derek is an Elvis impersonator. Stiles is the sound and lighting engineer in charge of his show. Over sequins, hip swivels, and 50s ballads, they fall in love.
Derek’s grumpy eyebrows disappear under a mask of pure showmanship as his lip curls up and he does a—a thing with his hips and the microphone stand, wow, is it hot in here?
Breathe With Me - General - Zainclaw
"Mom would’ve believed me."
It’s only a mumble, but the look on his father’s face is more than enough proof for Stiles to know he caught every word.
He turns around before he gets to see what he knows is coming; his dad’s face will darkens with pain, and he can’t deal with knowing he’s the one who put it there.
Alive - Explicit - grimm
“Yes,” Peter said, putting a hand between Stiles’ shoulder blades and shoving him so he stumbled forward a few feet. “He’s for you, Derek.”
“What?” Stiles yelped. Derek’s nose flared and one side of his mouth raised up in a feral grin. Stiles whirled around to look at Peter. “What the hell are you talking about?” he exclaimed. “This is not what I agreed to!”
Peter gave him an infuriatingly calm look. “You said, and I quote, ‘Mr. Hale, I will do anything for the money.’ You signed the papers. You got yourself into this. And now you are going to do what you promised to do.”
And so: Stiles, deep in Peter’s debt, is offered up to Peter’s nearly feral nephew in an effort to keep him going over the edge of madness.
I Ran (So Far) - Explicit - thepsychicclam
“But, you don’t run,” Derek pointed out, confused.
“People can get new hobbies,” Stiles snapped. “Geez, if I’d known it was going to be this big of a deal, I’d have called you first. Want me to give you my workout schedule? That way you can coordinate your nose accordingly?”
In which Stiles’ summer starts off so badly he starts running, gets pelted by paint balls, and decides he is, in fact, going crazy if he willingly wants to hang out with Derek Hale.
Cherrybomb - Explicit - the_deep_magic
Stiles is yanked up to his feet so fast that his world spins and his shoulder aches and he’s a second from screaming police brutality! when he gets a good look at the cop’s face.
Holy shit. Stiles was just tackled to the ground by a fucking underwear model with a badge.
Touch My Body - Explicit - bleep0bleep
Stiles. Don’t leave the loft no matter what. I’m sorry. We’re tracking down the incubus right now. Don’t leave. Please. Just. I’m sorry it had to be you. Just. Stiles, don’t leave, okay?
It’s Derek’s voice, broken and wretched, pleading in a way Stiles has never heard before. He doesn’t know what has happened, or what the incubus has done, but something in that tone of voice cuts him deep inside— makes him wonder— what happened?
Anonymous said: How do you feel about Deputy Derek? (And any good fics you'd recommend??) 😘😘
- Cherrybomb by the_deep_magic (E, 36k) Stiles is yanked up to his feet so fast that his world spins and his shoulder aches and he’s a second from screaming police brutality! when he gets a good look at the cop’s face. Holy shit. Stiles was just tackled to the ground by a fucking underwear model with a badge.
- Flint and Tinder by grimm (E, 44k) Casting spells, chasing monsters, wooing your coworkers and fucking them in their offices - it’s all in a day’s work for Stiles Stilinski.
- Murder, He Wrote by mklutz (E, 32k) And that was how Stiles accidentally became a New York Times bestselling author.
- Darling It Is No Joke by thehoyden (E, 13k) The first thing Stiles thinks when he opens the door is that it’s not his birthday, but someone has sent him some kind of cop stripper.
- Say It With Me— Don’t Assume by KuriKuri (E, 12k) Derek knows way too much about how omega heat suppressants work now, after having been partnered with Stiles for as long as he has. They’re probably his favorite thing to bitch about whenever they’re stuck on a stakeout. Of course, omegas on the force aren’t required to take them. Derek’s never really understood why Stiles does, if he hates them so much, especially— especially because he’s bonded.
Anonymous said: can you suggest me sterek ficrec? not play crack cuz i already read it :)
I haven’t had the time to read as many fanfics as I’d like to lately but I fell in love for those:
- How Derek Met His Smallest Fan (37k, kidfic, SO CUTE I’M IN LOVE)
- warm shadows (22k, so fucking good ♥♥)
- For Love is Not Ours to Command (18k, fake/pretend, I LOVE IT)
- my heart’s been offline (58k, online dating, what can i say??? online dating fanfics are my fave thing)
Anonymous said: Have you done a reclist of fics where Derek is an Artist or an Architect? Also there's one specific fic I was praying you could find for me where Derek is a sculptor and teaches a class stiles takes?
The one specific fic with Derek is a sculptor and a teacher:
- Quaking Aspen by popfly (M, 5k) College!AU where Stiles is a fine arts major who decides to take a sculpture class because the instructor, Professor Hale, is hot. He spends a lot of time sketching Derek instead of paying attention to the lecture parts of the class, but he still aces his final project.
- Kaleidoscope by Vendelin (E, 55k) Stiles spends a year before college working at the all-night coffee shop in town. It’s nice and quiet, until one dark and brooding Derek starts coming in every morning, ordering coffee so strong that it should not be fit for human consumption. Ever. Stiles tries not to be affected by the mystery guy, but it’s not like anything else happens around here, so really, what did you expect? And when he’s already in too deep, he realises he might even be in way over his head…
- Midnight Wolf vs Abominable Snowman! by KuriKuri (T, 20k) >Derek almost makes the mistake of saying, It’s not fanart,but he manages to catch himself, biting his tongue. This stranger, who’s already identified himself as at least a casual fan of Midnight Wolf, doesn’t need to know that he actually is the artist and author, not just another fan.
- El Corazón del Lobo by heartslogo456 (M, 22k) Derek drove back into Beacon Hills on a Tuesday morning seven years after he had left it last with one single thought: “Why am I doing this?” But in his heart, Derek knew exactly why. (In which Stiles suffers temporary memory loss and any serious emotional trauma could give him permanent damage so Scott calls Derek to come back and fake like he and Stiles are still together so that Stiles can heal)